Informing, Inspiring and Challenging Northern Ireland Business
t: 028 9147 2119
GDPR Workshop with Orlagh Kelly - January 23 2019
GDPR: getting past the hype and starting the journey to compliance
You will learn 12 Key Facts about GDPR:
- Fines, criminal proceedings and a ruined reputation. Why your organisation needs to pay careful attention to data protection.
- The background to the GDPR. Is it just another unnecessary burden on businesses?
- How GDPR will affect every organisation.
- Data protection obligations on organisations under the 1998 Act and how these change under GDPR.
- The Brexit Effect on GDPR
- Nine Key changes brought in by GDPR
- Mandatory Data Protection Officers. What are they and do you need one?
- The complexities of making international transfers of data and how to do it right.
- Significant changes for data processors.
- The Information Commissioner's Office - more powers and higher fines.
- The true risks and consequences for a data breach in your organisation.
- Start your journey to GDPR compliance.
Who should attend?
Anyone in a business, organisation, charity or public body with a role in IT, human resources, legal, compliance or with current data protection responsibilities.
The course is also extremely relevant for members of any management team as well as board members.
About your presenter, Orlagh Kelly
Belfast barrister Orlagh Kelly ran her own legal practice for twelve years representing clients in almost two thousand court cases before starting a legal technology company, Briefed, and developing the first mobile practice management platform for barristers, featured in the Apple iTunes store and Forbes magazine.
Building on her legal and technological expertise, Orlagh created a series of Masterclasses in Data Protection, delivering these in person and online throughout the U.K. since 2013. Market demand for data protection expertise led an expansion of the Briefed portfolio to include specialised services in GDPR training, consultancy, compliance and certification.
To date more than six hundred businesses throughout the UK have benefitted from the experience and knowledge of the Briefed team.